Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Winnie the Pooh Hundred Acre Woods Baby Shower

I don't know anyone that loves Winnie the Pooh as much as my sister in law.  Growing up we have all little characters that we love, but eventually we grow out of it, not my sister in law, she loves Winnie the Pooh.  In fact she has her entire car decorated with Winnie things, from the steering wheel to her floor mats and seat belt covers all with Winnie the Pooh, her home is also decorated with too.

So recently I was given the opportunity to host a baby shower for her and guess what was the theme? The Hundred Acre Woods, it turned out to be such a was such a cute theme for a baby shower.  I had so much fun putting everything together.  I think this would also work for a children's Birthday Party too.

The best part about this theme is, you don't have to spend a lot of money for this impressive dessert display.  The flower balls I made them in different sizes and colors with tissue paper purchased from the 99 cent stores.  I used wood slabs that were cut from a fallen tree.  For the table, I lined it some burlap for different textures and I also incorporated some jars and cake stands to create different heights.  The plants were items I had around the house, but you can easily purchase some small plants at Home Depot for the same effect.
This was a co-ed baby shower including children so we had sweets for all ages. Most of the desserts can be purchased from a local bakery and then cut into smaller sizes.

Jars
  • Honeycomb cereal
  • Vanilla sandwich cookies
  • Chocolate covered prezels
  • Caramel Popcorn
  • Animal cookies
Displayed Desserts
  • Brownies
  • Lemon Bar Squares
  • Mini Cheesecake bites
  • Mini Eclairs
  • Mini Banana Puddings




Honey sticks were given as party favors.



Find interesting pieces of wood that makes your appetizer display come to life.  The empty slab were later filled with Charcuterie.   Winnie the Pooh pictures were displayed in different areas, along with the stuff animals, most belonged to my sister in law.  She definitely loves Winnie and I hope my nephew will love him too, can't wait for his arrival.

No comments:

Post a Comment